What Could Derail Your Retirement?
- According to a 2013 study by Morningstar, a 4% withdrawal rate could be maintained over a 30-year period only 48.2% of the time.
- A withdraw rate that is greater than the rate of return on a retirement portfolio can have a devastating effect. Sequence of return risk is potentially the biggest risk to your retirement.
- Almost 75% of Americans choose to receive Social Security retirement benefits before full retirement age.
- For a couple retiring at age 65 in 2016, they will spend an average out-of-pocket cost of $260,000 on health care over the course of retirement.
Our Enjoyable Retirement Solution uses an investment strategy with the objective of providing inflation-adjusted income for life. Our proprietary analysis can offer you a unique report and will help you navigate through retirement by developing a plan that addresses inflation, taxes1, sequence of return risk and asset allocation2.
Using the plan, we develop a spending strategy, including what order to spend your assets, using the following objectives:
- Increase Income Potential
- Preserve Principal
- Manage Risk
- Save Taxes1
In addition, we review your current investments to determine if they need to be altered to meet the objectives of your Income Distribution Plan.
Through our association with Kestra Investment Services, LLC (Kestra IS) and Kestra Advisory Services, LLC (Kestra AS), we have the ability to offer you the same caliber of products and services you might be offered at any wire house or other large broker/dealer. We have access to industry-leading providers across the spectrum of investment solutions, including mutual funds, annuities, asset managers and advisory platforms. We also have exclusive access to product and platform offerings and alternatives3 that many firms exclude.
How Do I Integrate a Social Security Claiming Strategy into my Written Income Plan?
Social Security marked its 82nd anniversary on August 14, 2017. For many retirees and their families, Social Security provides a dependable source of income. In fact, for the majority of retirees, Social Security accounts for at least half of their income.4
When analyzing your Social Security benefits, do you know:
- Best Claiming Strategies
- "Break-even" Age for Each Claiming Option
- How to Calculate Your Benefit
- How to Integrate Social Security Benefits into Your Retirement Income Plan
Your personalized, complimentary analysis includes answers to these questions and more, as well as, the Total Lifetime Benefits available for various Social Security claiming strategies. A wise claiming strategy may be able to produce more than your normal benefits!
1 Neither Kestra IS nor Kestra AS provide tax or legal advice.
2 Asset allocation does not protect against loss of principal due to market fluctuations. It is a method used to help manage investment risk.
3 Investing in alternative assets involves higher risks than traditional investments and is suitable only for the long term. They may not be tax efficient, and have higher fees than traditional investments. They may also be highly leveraged and engage in speculative investment techniques, which can magnify the potential for investment loss or gain.
4 Source: Fast Facts & Figures About Social Security, 2013
Sources: Wealth2k, Fidelity Investments Retirement IQ Survey-December 2016, The American College RICP® Retirement Literacy Quiz-2014